Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Day 3.........is this a bad sign? I

So I was feeling really good about myself. Until I made some choices that in hindsight were not the best.

Yesterday I went to the gym and had a great workout (win!)
My plan had been to go to the temple after the gym, I took a nap instead (fail)
I got a Diet Dr Pepper after my nap while I was running my errands (ummmm)
Got some healthy food at Wal-Mart (win!)
Went  to dinner with Emily, Jordan & Vicki and STUFFED myself then came home and ate pita chips and went to bed late. Couldn't wake up this morning and get myself out of bed, proceeded to eat more crap (see My Fitness Pal for the damages).

So this afternoon I reviewed the events of the day to figure out what happened.

I started out this morning by not starting off with my Genesis Pure stuff-no Metabolic Boost or Energy.
Then I heard that my dad is doing worse-even though I try to stay positive I think he's not going to make it.
I went downstairs and started eating pita chips instead of drinking a protein shake. I stayed on the couch instead of going to the gym. I slept on and off even being late to teach a class at work because I couldn't get going.
I realized what I was doing to myself but I still went to Burger King and got a cheeseburger and a small fry. And continued to stay on the couch watching reality tv.
Basically today I'm feeling the weight of my dad being sick and the stress of work and the pressure of going back to school and all of that combined pushed me over the edge today. And how do I cope with stress? Eating and sleeping on the couch. Suppressing emotions.

So now that I've realized what I'm doing to myself-what can I do differently?

I need to make a concerted effort to pull myself out of a funk no matter how stressed or depressed I feel. I need to take my supplements. I need to go to the gym even if it's only for a short workout on the treadmill or on the elliptical. And I need to learn to say "no" even if I don't want to disappoint people. It's not worth it. At all.

Tomorrow is a new day. I'm going to make it better.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are analyzing what went wrong and recognizing your trigger points. You are dealing with a lot.

    ReplyDelete